CARES ACTAdds $25 Billion for Public Transit
- Urbanized Area Formula Program: $22.7 Billion
- Formula Grants for Rural Areas: $2.2 Billion (includes $30 million for Tribal Transit Formula)
- Administration & Oversight: $75 Million
ALL activities normally eligible under the Urbanized Area and Rural Area formula programs are eligible for CARES Act funding, including:
- Capital – Rolling Stock Purchases, Equipment Purchases, etc.
- All recipients are eligible for funding beginning January 20, 2020
- Includes all FTA recipients; rural area, small urban, and large urban transit systems.
- 100% federal share for all projects funded by CARES Act
- Funds are available until expended
- No lapse date
- Recipients are encouraged to use funds expeditiously
- Inner City bus requirements apply
Exceptions to Normal Requirements
Some capital expenses do not need to be in a TIP/STIP or long-range transportation plan
- Bus replacement does not need to be in the TIP/STIP
- Fleet expansion needs to be in the TIP/STIP
For more information on funding, please contact our grants and contracts specialists at:
(909) 308-0967 or [email protected].